Terms and Conditions
Weekly Lottery Rules
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance.
- New members must be over 18 years of age. Any person found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
- Entry is available to residents of Great Britain and Northern Ireland except for individuals directly involved in the running of the Lottery draw.
- Lottery number(s) will be confirmed by post within 21 days.
- The weekly draw will be conducted every Friday. The draw will be conducted by a random number generator.
- The winning numbers will be published on lottery.childrenwithcancer.org.uk/winners and will be available from the Weekly Lottery Helpline on 01628 201 282. Results will be available from the next working day following the draw.
- Prizes for the Weekly Lottery are published on the Children with Cancer UK website (lottery.childrenwithcancer.org.uk/prizes). There are no alternatives to any prize, and no interest will be payable. Prizes will be sent by cheque within 14 days.
- All lottery players are automatically entered into our Super Draw, 2 times per year, for the chance to win a prize of up to £25,000.
- All profits from the Weekly Lottery go to Children with Cancer UK.
- Each week in the regular draw there are one hundred prizes on offer. The first prize is £1,000 cash. The second prize is £250 cash. The 3rd prize is £150 cash. The 4th prize is £100 cash. The 5th prize is £50 cash. There are also 95 runner up prizes of £10 cash prizes to be won. Based upon the average number of weekly entries from 2020, the chance of winning a prize for a single entry in each week’s standard draw is approximately 1 in 104.
- For the two Superdraws each year the prizes are as follows The first prize is £25,000 cash. The second prize is £4,000 cash. The 3rd prize is £1,000 cash. There are also 100 runners up prizes of £10 cash prizes to be won. Based on the average number of entries in our Superdraws in 2020, the chance of winning a prize in the Superdraw would be 1 in 4,485.
- Of the ticket sales received in 2020, 18% went on expenses, 16% on prizes and a fantastic 66% came back to Children with Cancer UK to fund our work.
- Children with Cancer UK is not responsible for any delays in bank payments.
- No liability is accepted for loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
- Children with Cancer UK reserves the right to use the winner’s name for promotional purposes. These will only be in summary, for example Mrs Jones from Berkshire. Please inform Children with Cancer UK if you do not want your details to be published.
- Children with Cancer UK or its External Lottery Manager may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme. Children with Cancer UK or its External Lottery Manager’s decisions made pursuant to the rules shall, once made, be final and binding. No detail in an application may be changed in any way once it has been submitted, except for a change of address.
- The rules are subject to change by Children with Cancer UK or its External Lottery Manager. The latest version of them will be published on the website lottery.childrenwithcancer.org.uk/rules.
- Children with Cancer UK maintains records of supporter funds separately from general company / charity funds. This means that steps have been taken to separately account for customer funds from company / charity funds however those funds are not protected if Children with Cancer UK becomes insolvent. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of supporter funds at the basic level of protection.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Weekly Lottery or these terms and conditions.
Responsible Person: Gary Murphy, 51 Great Ormond Street London WC1N 3JQ. Registered Charity number 298405.
Licensed by the Gambling Commission under The Gambling Act 2005. Licence No. 000-004700-N-306402-007. www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
If you would like more information about Grand Draws and Lotteries, please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
The Children with Cancer UK policy for Grand Draws and Lotteries can be requested through our Graw Draw and Lottery helpline 01628 201 282 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes our policy on responsible gambling, underage gambling, fair and open draws and our complaints procedure.
Please gamble responsibly. If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from Gamble Aware on 0808 802 0133 (lines open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or via the website www.begambleaware.co.uk.
Play now to help more
children fight cancer
For as little as £1 a week, you could be one of our big winners - and help even more children with cancer ring the End of Treatment Bell.
Are you gambling more than you really want to? If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, Gamble Aware can provide support and information. You can contact the national helpline by calling 0808 8020 133. Lines open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Responsible Person: Gary Murphy, 51 Great Ormond Street London WC1N 3JQ. Licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005. Licence No. 4700. Please click here for more information.