Terms and Conditions
Weekly Lottery Rules
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance.
- New members from 01/04/2018 must be over 18 years of age. Any person found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
- Lottery number(s) will be confirmed by post within 21 days. No ticket will be supplied.
- The weekly draw will be conducted every Friday. The draw will be conducted by a random number generator.
- The winning numbers will be published on lottery.childrenwithcancer.org.uk/winners and will be available from the Weekly Lottery Helpline on 01628 201 282. Results will be available from the next working day following the draw.
- Prizes for the Weekly Lottery are published on the Children with Cancer UK website (childrenwithcancer.org.uk//lottery). There are no alternatives to any prize, and no interest will be payable. Prizes will be sent by cheque within 14 days.
- All lottery players are automatically entered into our Super Draw, 2 times per year, for the chance to win a prize of up to £25,000.
- All profits from the Weekly Lottery go to Children with Cancer UK.
- There are one hundred prizes on offer. The first prize is £1,000 cash. The second prize is £250 cash. The 3rd prize is £150 cash. The 4th prize is £100 cash. The 5th prize is £50 cash. There are also 90 runner up prizes of £10 cash prizes to be won. Based upon the average number of weekly entries from 2019 the chance of winning a prize for a single entry each week including the super draw is approximately 1 in 90.
- Of the ticket sales received in 2019, 17% went on expenses, 35% on prizes and a fantastic 55% came back to Children with Cancer UK to fund our work.
- Children with Cancer UK is not responsible for any delays in bank payments.
- No liability is accepted for loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
- Children with Cancer UK reserves the right to use the winner’s name for promotional purposes. These will only be in summary, for example Mrs Jones from Berkshire.
- Children with Cancer UK or its External Lottery Manager may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme. Children with Cancer UK or its External Lottery Manager’s decisions made pursuant to the rules shall, once made, be final and binding. No detail in an application may be changed in any way once it has been submitted, except for a change of address.
- The rules are subject to change by Children with Cancer UK or its External Lottery Manager. The latest version of them will be published on the website lottery.childrenwithcancer.org.uk/rules.
- Children with Cancer UK maintains records of customer funds separately from general company / charity funds. This means that steps have been taken to separately account for customer funds from company / charity funds however those funds are not protected if Children with Cancer UK becomes insolvent. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the basic level of protection.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Weekly Lottery or these terms and conditions.
Responsible Person: Gary Murphy, 51 Great Ormond Street London WC1N 3JQ. Registered Charity number 298405.
Licensed by the Gambling Commission under The Gambling Act 2005. Licence No. 000-004700-N-306402-007. www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
Please gamble responsibly. Problem gambling support: contact The National Gambling Helpline on 0808 802 0133 (lines open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) www.begambleaware.co.uk
Play now to help more
children fight cancer
For as little as £1 a week, you could be one of our big winners - and help even more children with cancer ring the End of Treatment Bell.
Are you gambling more than you really want to? If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, Gamble Aware can provide support and information. You can contact the national helpline by calling 0808 8020 133. Lines open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Responsible Person: Gary Murphy, 51 Great Ormond Street London WC1N 3JQ. Licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005. Licence No. 4700. Please click here for more information.