Weekly Lottery Rules
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance.
- New members from 01/04/2018 must be over 18 years of age. Any person found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
- Lottery number(s) will be confirmed by post within 21 days. No ticket will be supplied.
- The weekly draw will be conducted every Friday. The draw will be conducted by a random number generator.
- The winning numbers will be published on childrenwithcancer.org.uk and will be available from the Weekly Lottery Helpline on 01628 201 282. Results will be available from the Monday following the draw.
- Prizes for the Weekly Lottery are published on the Children with Cancer UK website (childrenwithcancer.org.uk//lottery). There are no alternatives to any prize, and no interest will be payable. Prizes will be sent by cheque within 14 days.
- All lottery players are automatically entered into our quarterly Super Draw, 2 times per year, for the chance to win a prize of £40,000.
- All profits from the Weekly Lottery go to Children with Cancer UK.
- Children with Cancer UK is not responsible for any delays in bank payments.
- No liability is accepted for loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
- Children with Cancer UK reserves the right to use the winner’s name for promotional purposes. These will only be in summary, for example Mrs Jones from Berkshire.
- Children with Cancer UK or its External Lottery Manager may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme. Children with Cancer UK or its External Lottery Manager’s decisions made pursuant to the rules shall, once made, be final and binding. No detail in an application may be changed in any way once it has been submitted, except for a change of address..
- The rules are subject to change by Children with Cancer UK or its External Lottery Manager. The latest version of them will be published on the website childrenwithcancer.org.uk/lottery.
- Children with Cancer UK maintains records of customer funds separately from general company / charity funds. This means that steps have been taken to separately account for customer funds from company / charity funds however those funds are not protected if Children with Cancer UK becomes insolvent. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the basic level of protection.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Weekly Lottery or these terms and conditions.
Responsible Person: Emily Roff, 51 Great Ormond Street London WC1N 3JQ. Registered Charity number 298405.
Licensed by the Gambling Commission under The Gambling Act 2005 www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
Please gamble responsibly. Problem gambling support: contact The National Gambling Helpline on 0808 802 0133 (lines open 8am to midnight) www.begambleaware.co.uk
Direct Debit Guarantee
This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits. If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Children with Cancer UK will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Children with Cancer UK to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Children with Cancer UK or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society. If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Children with Cancer UK asks you to. You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.